Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nothing Compares to A Quiet Evening Alone

Wow. Two posts in one day. After such a dry spell its no wonder.

I have to take a vacation from my computer. Especially the internet. Every once in a while I get obsessed with something or someone and I just have to step back and let reality back in.

This week I am crushing on the bassist for Fall Out Boy. I know, so are a lot of girls. But I'm not actually a GIRL anymore so its kinda gross. I'm like 12 years older than he is. And most of THEM have had their crushes for a few years now, starting when FOB first became mainstream. So not only am I old, I am also very behind the times (read: uncool).

Its not like I didn't know about him until now. After all I have Bugaboo to keep me abreast of all things new and hip, whether I want to or not. I mean, I sang "I'll be your number one with a bullet!" at the top of my lungs with the best of them a few years ago. And I always took note of him back then because he has the same monkey face that SSB has. That sounds mean, but I mean it in the nicest way possible. I love their faces.


I suppose he has jumped into my consciousness, and other places, because he's all over the place right now because of getting married to Jessica Simpson's little sister Ashlee this past weekend. And that little spark grew into wildfire and I watched a bunch of videos. That was my downfall. I never should have done that. I can't get the image of him licking his bass out of my mind. OK. Maybe its because I took a screen shot of it and played with it a little. Like this:
Ooooooh. Three Peteys.

I stopped myself from watching everything possible, for my own sanity and because its creepy, but here are two videos that he does it in. *Sigh* That Ashlee is a lucky, lucky girl and I really hope they are very happy.

Dance, Dance


This next one is a remake of MJ's "Beat It" (with a bonus appearance by Dr. Turk! Woo!)


Yeah. I've noticed Pete dreams a lot in videos. And real life. And writes about it. So if anyone wants to get me his book for my birthday I'm sure I will still appreciate it by the time September rolls around. Unless I have another embarrassing-to-my-children crush by then.


1 comment:

ArtistMommy said...

You take Petey and i'l take David Cook (latest Amer Idol winner). We'll embarrass our kids together! :D

(God we're old...but we're not dead!)

-Mrs. Robinson lol