Monday, July 14, 2008

It's Finger-Lookin' Good!

I was looking at Pootie's finger over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find that the snakebite wound has healed over. Her surgeon had wanted to do a skin graft last week or the week before but there was no opening until July 25th and now I think its too late.

This morning I left a message for him to call me so we could discuss it. I got a call back within an hour, which was another pleasant surprise. A woman transferred me to another woman who asked if she could help me first. I told her what was going on and she said, "Oh. You better talk to him about that."

But then she came back on the phone and said, "OK. We'll cancel the surgery. He does want to see her one more time though" and made us an appointment. Wow. That was easy. I was thinking I'd take her down to see him before the surgery so HE could determine if she still needed it or not, but its fine with me.

What do you think?


3 comments:

Mary said...

as long as she can keep on drumming, I think it's fine. Besides, she wouldn't want it to look soooo good and NOT have a scar, right?

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a difference from the last picture - it's a God thing I'm sure of it. We had just been praying that it would completely fill in so she wouldn't have to have the surgery. You should email the doc a picture!!! PTL!!!

Anonymous said...

Bopa said she is no longer "The Snake-bite girl", but is now the "Miracle Girl". He knows that God has answered both of our prayers - our's that it would heal without surgery and her's that she would still have a dent to show off!!