Sunday, January 13, 2008

Garrett Weber-Gale



Swimmer boys
Oh, swimmer boys
How lovely are your . . . . branches.

And trunks.

And your everything else.

Our friend V invited Bugaboo to an SMU swim meet Friday night, as she is a swimmer. She had an AWESOME time that night with V and her 15 year old niece. She got home late and then had to get up on Saturday morning to go to her own swim meet. (She did very well by the way).

Fast forward to Saturday night to Part Deux of the SMU Classic and I get roped into going too, as does PootiePie. (Ha! "Roped." Twist my arm to go see 20-something swimmer boys do their thing.) Oh, my.

The Texas All Stars (some of them Olympians, no less) were there along with several universities. Billy Sweeney from Arizona State is an excellent diver and incredible to watch. He was my favorite as far as COLLEGE BOYS go. As far as All Stars go, I'd take any of them, but David Cromwell, Brendan Hansen and Garrett Weber -Gale hold a special place in my cold, cold H - E - A -R - T.

David is a very nice guy and is great to watch. He's someone you'd like to know better.

Brendan just because. He's very popular and has a website (http://www.brendanhansenonline.com/) and he was the cutest kid ever. In the autograph line I told him I saw his website and he asked if I liked those pictures from when he was little. I said they were adorable. He said, "What happened, huh?" Um. Nothing.

Garrett Weber - Gale because is from Wisconsin. Fox Point to be exact. The announcer asked for Packers fans to stand up and yell, which I did, obnoxiously so. I was even sitting in the front row wearing my Favre jersey. But he was on the OTHER side of the pool throwing out t-shirts. Boo.

Later, we noticed him putting on his Favre jersey before walking down to our end of the pool to start the last relay. Earlier another guy totally dissed me when he walked by so when I saw Weber-Gale coming our way I said I was going to body slam him if I had to.

I didn't have to.

Turns out he had noticed MY jersey (I found that out later) and when he walked by all I had to do was stand up. When the relay was over, he walked by again and asked if I wanted his swim cap. Uh, YEAH! And none of the kids are allowed to TOUCH it!! :)

We got all the Texas All-Stars autographs after the meet. I had all of them sign the heat sheet, but I had Garrett sign his cap. He talked about the game, which was incredible and said he didn't even want to go to the meet because he wanted to watch the game. They all told me he MADE everyone watch it with him on a teeny tiny TV. I'm glad he decided to go to the meet though. He made my night!

Aren't those pictures funny? I look like he's grabbing my butt or something. Ha! He might have strained a muscle if he tried to get some of that enormity. That wouldn't have been good for the team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what does SSB (what does that stand for anyway?) think of the butt-grabbing Garrett?

Funny stories. I hadn't heard most of the Snickisms. Keep them coming!