Friday, January 11, 2008

Snickety - isms

SSB was looking for the tape and couldn’t find it anywhere. He asked the kids if they had it. Taz said, “No, I don’t.” PootiePie said, “No, I don’t.” Snickety said, “I do!” This surprised SSB. He turned around and said, “YOU have the tape?”

With a confused look on his face, Snickety said, “Where?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When he was 5 Snickety one day pointed out to me a seam in the crown moldings and said it was broken. I looked up and just said, “Yeah it is.” Then teasingly I asked him, “Did you break it?”

Again with the confused look he said, “Break what?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Snick is one of the piggiest of our kids. He has not once put anything away on his own. Ever. Once, also when he was 5, his big rug with roads printed on it for toy cars to drive on was in the middle of the kitchen floor. I asked him why it was there. He said he didn’t know. I asked him who put it there. He said, “I don’t know, but I hope it wasn’t me.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everyday for about a month when he was 5 and occasionally since then, Snickety would give me a random piece of good news. “Good news, Mom! I’m not going to pick my nose anymore.”

“Good news, Mom! I’m not going to leave my shoes on the floor ever again.”

“Mom! I got some good news for ya. I’m not going to run amuck ever again in my whole life.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Recently SSB took Snickety to 7-11 and Snickety held the door open for him. SSB said, “Thanks, Snickety!”

With a smile on his face, Snickety said, “Girls first.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everyone went over to Grandma and Grandpa’s new house for dinner one night. I had given the kids instructions in the car about their behavior. “Don’t just sit and watch TV. Be polite! Talk to Grandma and Grandpa!” They all agreed.

About halfway through the evening I heard SSB tell Snickety to stop picking his nose. What? I thought he was joking. No way had Snickety been lying on their new couch picking his nose! I looked at SSB and said, “Really?” and he nodded. I still couldn’t believe it.

A few minutes later when there were less people in the room I went over to Snickety and whispered, “Did you really picked your nose?” Yes. Ugh!!

“Really? You had your finger IN your nose?” Yes.

I said, “Do you really think Grandma and Grandpa want boogers on their new couch?”

Snickety said, “Well I wiped it on my pants like I usually do.”

That set me off. I went into Crazy Mom mode scolding him in a fast and furious whisper. “Like I usually do!! As if!" I told SSB what Snick said and he just laughed. Grr!

Later he went over to Snickety and asked him if he can call him Booger Pants now. With a slight pout on his face and a sigh of resignation Snickety replied, “I don’t see any reason why not.”

No comments: